Berronar forgive me

Vistra, in prayer to The Mother Goddess:

"Berronar, Mother Goddess, guide me in these troubled times. I have taken a road I am not sure I can follow, crossed a bridge that is now burning behind me. "

The screams of Szakeem echo in Vistra's mind.

"I knew what would happen, the screams echoing from the lower decks just psychic screams hammering my mind confirming what I already knew. Szakeem was being tortured, and I tried to ignore them. Szakeem, a lawless pirate, murderer, kidnapper and who knows what other crimes could be laid at his feet, a hob-goblin rotten to the core and still the screams plague me. My pilgrimage was interrupted to aid in bringing the kidnappers of the elves at Leavendale to justice and free the elves that had been torn from their lives. But is this justice... we all knew Szakeem's crimes, we knew the gallows waited for him and so too would he have taken the information we needed to find the elves with him to his grave. "

Flashback: Vistra arrives with the others to where Leo has brought Szakeem, entering the room she is shocked to find Szakeem bleeding from several cut wounds, clearly dead. Turning to Leo she finds him covered in Szakeem's blood giving a grim image of what must have transpired.

Leo turns to the group and says "I have the information regarding the elves, Szakeem's request for the information was for me to kill him before he is hanged in Marshport."

"He wasn't lying, I knew from the way he said it and the predicament Szakeem was in that it was true, he had taken no pleasure from killing, but neither had he shown regret. But Szakeem was supposed to face justice in Marshport for his crimes. Leo isn't an evil man, his goal to free the elves is a noble sacrifice on his part but can we be the judges and the executioners. Had it not been one of the evil races that plague our world I know I would have stood against any form of torture, but can I condone such an act even against one such as a hob-goblin? Can I be angry at his death, while standing idle during torture? This is the bridge now burning behind me, have I turned from everything you stand against? It is in this I seek your guidance Berronar, and more I seek forgiveness and mercy if my path has strayed. "