What a waste.

I thought Leonardino was a potential great leader with the warrior's code of conduct. Alas for us, he revealed himself as a violent psychopath lead by ego and emotions.

Our pirates captives started to talk. We had informations about the location and the organisation of their base and the fact that the enslaved elves had been taken there.
Although the pirates were receptive to logic and self-preservation, I feared their Captain was a different matter, specially because where I have no issue to free fishermen wanting an extra gold for food in exchange for information on a criminal organisation, I find impossible not to give the Captain to justice to answer to his heinous acts.

I thought that having bested the Captain and forced him to surrender, Leonardino would be able to extract more information despite any counterparts from us.

I believed in him and I trusted him.

For once, I was a bad judge of heart. His history caught up with him. I do not known whether what happened to him, the pirate attack on his village or his enslavement, made him do it, or as I suspect, he is following is own path.

But in the end, the Captain died by his hand. Several times stabbed to death... with obvious traces of torture.

I was shocked. Shocked by his lack of repentance, his lack of remorse and his lack of judgement: It seems the Captain asked for death in exchange for information. A Captain that had lost everything: boat, crew, freedom, reputation... and a Captain that was already heading to the hangman managed to escape justice.

Maybe I am even more shocked by the lack of reaction from Vistra who clearly heard the scream of pain of the Captain...and remained still. My dear Vistra, protector of the poor, the sick and the defenceless, what happened to you? What is this awful poison in your heart? What have you become? Did the horrors of this world taken your resolve? I hope not.

As I said, it seems that Leonardino is walking his own path... and that is not one I want to share.

I stated my case to the halfling captain:

"Captain,
I'd like to report that the pirate captain has been tortured and killed while handcuffed under the supervision of Leonardino. This is against all laws I known and recognise: this was murder and an insane parody of justice. Maybe here it is different but, as the only competent person about ship law, I call upon you to judge this case. I will respect and enforce any sentence you will see fit."


I do hope that Leonardino will see his errors and grow from them before it is too late. I dread the sentence that the captain will call upon him: either I will kill him or he will walk free and we will part ways..

I can only pray the gods we can avoid these two paths.