The eye of the cyclone

These are dire times for our group.

After finding that the treacherous Vizier left for Relkingham, the group was left undecided. I managed to make it accept the race against time, and against all odds, to catch the Vizier before more evil doings. I am afraid none of us was prepared to fight undead atrocities as well as realising that there are things more dreadful than death itself.

I am happy to report that through sheer determination and willpower, and despite tiredness and doubt, we reached Relkingham well ahead of our best hopes...so well that we could prevent the Vizier to reach his goal.

We managed to enter the temple, through riots, undead and junkies. We had to fight against the mightiest paladin I ever saw, and in his death he took with him a truthful paladin of Erathis, Nietche. I think that none of us realised the corruption the were facing, if it could turn a paladin out of its loyal path.

But duty was calling, and true to our beliefs, we rushed in the temple fo find the Vizier bathed in the wickedness of Vecna, surrounded by undead and ready to battle. We finaly ended this madness, but in doing so, the group lost its innocence. Streisan killed Ghesh while being dominated by the Vizier.

I realise now, that even if I am surrounded by elves and dwarf, they are still children and life had still spared them. How can I explain to them that worse things can always come. That they should enjoy joy and happiness when it occurs because these memories will help them sweep away the sorrow of dire days? They are children, and that is a chance for me to lead them to adulthood.

I hope that Streisan will realise that she was not in the control of an evil priest to reach a despicable goal, but that she was guided by Erathis himself to prevent the desecration of one of his most faithful servant by being turned into Undead. I want to believe that. Because it is easier, because it is better, and because it is the only way to realise the awful truth of life: No matter what happen, you must go on. Because life does not wait for you.

I do not know whether I am a good example for them. I am enjoying everything that life throws at me to protect myself of the evil lurking in the shadows. I like to gamble, I like companionship and love, where and whenever I can find them. It sometimes look like selfishness or carelessness, but I do not want regret or sorrow when I die, and I wish everybody to feel the same way.

We nearly lost our lives in a mad gnome dungeon, and the way Streisan was throwing herself to the danger, makes me fear for her life. But I hope that she will remember that he has a greater goal that died by carelessness or grief...that hundreds of people, of her people, awaits for freedom and her dying will just destroy their hopes.

Courage my children, because worse an better thing will always happen tomorrow.