Private Investigations

We only stayed two more days in Relkingham, enough to say farewell to Ghesh in a moving funeral, and to receive the gratitude of the whole city and the Caliph, as our quick action and sacrifices had saved Delornen from a terrible fate at the hands of the Vecna cultists.

We are now members of the famous Rangers of Relkingham! Although it won't heal the loss of the Paladin, I hope such an honour will help Streisan overcome her grief.

The Rangers also told us that some strange ships had been seen in the north, near Marshport. As we also had to deliver a letter to an elf in Sylfren, we thought our best bet would be travelling to the north. I was also delighted by the prospect of visiting a real town, with a real library full of interesting books, as I wanted to get the sad emotions of Ghesh's death out of my mind.

At Sylfren
After an uneventful journey of several days, we arrived at Sylfren, where we gave the letter to the elf Luboc and visited mama.
Mama was doing great and was happy to hear that we had survived the ordeal at Delornen. As things are going quite well financially, I felt obliged to give her some money to support her in this difficult times, before she is able to come back to Leavendale. I was very proud to see my sisters offering her part of the reward we received in Relkingham... Sisters' Power!

Luboc was a shoemaker and, although not particularly gifted, some of his craft caught my attention and I decided to invest part of my money in a beautiful pair of purple and green shoes. They'll fit greatly with a robe I saw in Fallcrest in my Academy days, and I hope I'll be able to glitter as much as possible the next time I visit the Academy there.

Marshport
The trip to Marshport was also uneventful. Marshport turned to be a busy medium sized town, and the weather was amazingly cold and windy. I immediately went to the main Library; as I have now some money, I paid my yearly fee to the Guild of Adventuresome Alchemists and Wizards. The fee will allow me to get free access to many libraries around the north and will make it easier to obtain components for magical rituals, I hope.

I discovered lots of interesting books and I immediately turned my attention to one about the classical art of Magic and another introductory treatise to Alchemy.

In the meantime, Streisan, Adolfiel and Tyrion searched for rumours that could lead us to the raiders that had attacked Leavendale. Ioun always preaches that real information can only be found in the towers and libraries of the sages and, as I feared, they did not find much information in the lowly dens of iniquity they visited.

Although their attitude as information seekers is commendable, I am afraid that Tyrion is leading both of my sisters to a life of gambling and lowly acquaintances. I will have to start looking for some intelligent and interesting catch for them, but with their limited capabilities of conversation, I am sure it will be a big problem.

The Black Cry and the ghost captain Angerplea
After several days of gambling and drinking, they managed to hear some rumours about a legendary ship named the Black Cry and its captain Angerplea. Some said the ship had been seen sailing north, some said it had been seen sailing south, and others said the whole thing was just a legend.
I also lost one full research day in Marshport's library, but could not dig any new information about the ghost ship.

Without knowing well how to proceed (Vistra told us her god was indicating her to move northwards, while Tyrion's sixth sense indicated him to move southwards), we decided to try our luck with Marshport's mayor... maybe chance would point us the right way...