Chaos in Wylea

During our boring trip on the boat, I decided to carve a wooden figure to inmortalize my heroic acts in Leavendale. It will show me protecting my helpless (and ugly) sisters, the two travellers and the civilians from the slavers, and I intend to bring it to mum as a gift when we come back. The time spent on the boat was enough to start it but I could not advance as much as I wanted (I cannot let my sisters find out, they would break it or throw it away).
Our stay in Wylea was even briefer as the one in Relkingham. We got there and went to see the Califf. Our conversation with him was long and really complicated, but it finally paid off. We convinced the Califf that the tax law was wrong and that it should not be confirmed!
This was great news, maybe we would save our friends after all.
However, right as we were preparing to leave, there was a commotion outside the conference room; The Califf's senescal had foud out that the Vizir intended to pass the law anyway (by making it a holy mandate, these humans are crazy) and he was murdered while trying to warn the Califf about the Vizir's betrayal.
We decided to try to stop the Vizir and tried to run out of the palace as fast as possible, but the palace guards tried to stop us. I was already very bored from the trip and the long discussion, so I became very, very, very angry and we (mostly me, but my sisters helped a little) killed one guard and forced the others into surrendering. Once again victorious, we escaped the palace through a tunnel and went to the temple through the sewers.
When we got to the temple we were in such a hurry that we attacked the guards that were there without asking questions. This proved to be a mistake, firstly because they were good guys (loyal to the Califf) and secondly because they were much more powerful than us.
After nearly losing our human companion we were "forced into giving up our violent attitude" (this is how Sariel calls it, I call it surrendering).
It was difficult, but we were able to convince the temple guards that we were just foreigners caught into their internal problems.
They told us that this temple was safe from the Vizir, and that if he wanted to perform the ritual needed to make this law into a holy mandate, he needed to go back to Relkingham.
Without hesitation, we decided to go to Relkingham to try to stop him. So we ran to the boats and we found that the Vizir had burnt or sunk all the boats to stop pursuers. This Vizir seems to be really clever! Or at least, more clever than us (in my sister's case, this is not very difficult).
The only option left was to go to Relkingham using the road and changing horses at the small village midway.
We left Wylea barely hours after getting there, going back to Relkingham as fast as we could. I do not know what will happen, but I doubt we can overtake the Vizir.
I still do not understand many things, like why is the Vizir doing this or what is the relation between the tax and the snow or why are my two sisters looking all the time at the Paladin as if they were going to eat him alive.
I hope he notices and laughs at them, that would be fun.