The city of Relkingham

Relkingham was a little strange. It was the first time I had ever been in a city this big, and I did not like it. People was rude, mistrustful and for some reason beyond me, sailors kept trying to flirt with Sariel and Adolfiel (Usually, not even strong alcohol makes strangers this blind).
During our stay at the city we tried to get more information about our missing kin. No one knew about them, but as we started to learn about the current affairs of this human city, things got more complicated.
It's very long to explain, but there seems to be a lot of problems with laws, taxes, legal drugs trade, a god, a major, a califf, a vizir and snow in the mountains. It is not very clear to me yet who is who and why, but probably the dwarf will know. She seems pretty knowleadgeable and way less bratty than Sariel, so when I find the time I will ask her. I specially did not understand the law and tax part, because at home we are an anarco-sindicalist community and we do not pay taxes or have laws.
Sariel tried the drug and I finally understood what was making the sailors find Adolfiel or Sariel attractive. This drug seems dangerous, I will stay away from it and check that none of my sisters put it in my food.
After two days in the city, we decided to go see the Califf to Wylea. I do not agree very much to this, as it seems to me that we are moving away from the slavers and not towards them, but the snow in the mountains seems to be so important here that everyone thinks that having snow, our friends will be safe.
Humans are very strange...
We were lucky enough to have a boat provided by the major to help us get there safely and quickly. The plains and the woods around Relkingham had proven to be quite full of very big, hungry animals and I liked avoiding the trip on foot.