Leavendale under attack!!

Today has been the worst day in my life. Everything has started as usual: I have taken my furs, helped Mum with the breakfast and gone with my sisters to the city. As they always do, they have been a nuisance all the way up to Leavendale. Once there, we have prepared our goods (Streisan carves marveilous figures in wood, although I like to make her believe the contrary) and I have gone for a walk to see the other stands... well, not really: I wanted to see if he was there. I have found him at the other side of the marketplace, helping his sister to set up his merchandise. He is so cute! This time I have even dared to ask him the price of some of his pots. Unfortunately, he did not know himself and had to ask his sister, who came with a wide smile to destroy all my strategy. I could only find a stupid excuse to go back to our stand. I think Sariel and Streisan did not see me (I hope).

Suddenly, when I was trying to think another way of talking to him, we heard some cries and some noise coming from the houses nearby. I ran to see what was happening and saw some humans that were setting the city in flames! I ran back to alert my sisters, who got ready for repelling the raiders. Two travelers, who were visiting our marketplace, also rushed to help them. There was fire and smoke everywhere. The poor elves that tried to scape where chased and killed by the raiders (or by the collapsing buildings). We managed to scort a small group of people outside Leavendale and to hide them in the forest. From there, we could still hear the cries of the prisoners. I managed to climb a high tree, and to witness the events taking place in the city: large groups of elves where forced to walk in a line and the raiders set fire to the few houses still undamaged.

This afternoon we have searched for more people in the forest. Now that the danger is not as evident as in the morning, I have started worrying about him... he was not among the survivors and I have not seen him during the attack... if he is... dead? I have ran to the city: the situation there was chaotic: corpses on the floor, the houses burnt... Like mad, I started looking at the corpses to check if he had been killed. The tears did not let me see. I tried to calm down and went on with my task. After having checked all the corpses I realized that he was not there. It was a strange feeling: on one hand I was happy because he was still alive, but on the other hand I was terribly worried: who were those raiders? why have they attacked the city? why had they taken all those people? where were they taking them? I went to the river bank and saw some traces of light boats. Apparently they have come along the river... at least that's something.

Tomorrow we are going to take the survivors to Sylfre. Many of them have family there and it is probably the safest place to be: it's in the middle of the forest and far from the river.